atw: compiling reports

  • From: Susan Hunter <sushu20@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:40:26 +1000

Hi everyone.

I compile a lot of reports at work (some are monthly ~25 pages and others
are not on a regular basis and are around ~500 - 1000 pages - excluding
appendices).

I need to get input from various team members and they all use word
(non-negotiable).

For the smaller documents I compile everyone's input into one document, for
the larger documents I keep each chapter as a standalone document due to
managing revision updates and time constraints.

Word drives me nuts, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a program
for me to use for compiling the final documents and managing formatting.

The documents are for internal use only so they don't have complicated
styling; they do have lots of graphs, tables and images.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

thanks
Sus