atw: Usability redux: Acrobat 7 issues

  • From: "SUNTER Bede" <Bede_SUNTER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 17:40:20 +1000

We've just had Word 2003 and Acrobat 7 visited upon us ...

I picked this up, from Margaret's post (OT: Microsoft and usability, Fri
3/6/2005 4:12 PM):=20

"By way of example, I cite the case of my teenage son (highly
computer/IT=20
literate, but not usually a big word user).=20
The other night he was trying to convert a word document to pdf using
pdfmaker=20
keeping the bookmark/TOC levels intact (instead of having the
indentation of=20
level 1 headings randomly change half way through the document). "

My PDFs are showing a similar dysfunctionality:=20
Level 1 headings in the bookmarks pane change indentation after the
first level 1.=20
Is this a known problem?
More to the point, is there a fix?

Another issue along the lines of "Please don't fix what ain't broken" is
that you used to be able (in version 5) to set an opening page and
opening state (eg "Open at page 5 with bookmarks and at Fit width") in
the conversion set-up. In version 7 you have to set this after the PDF
is made.

While I'm at it, are there any other new "features" of Acrobat 7 I
should know about?

All input gratefully received.

Bede

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only =
to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may con=
tain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is w=
aived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The RTA is not respons=
ible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it.=
=20Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, an=
d are not necessarily the views of the RTA. If you receive this e-mail in=
=20error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the se=
nder. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you a=
re not the intended recipient.