atw: The Register Collecting Bad Doc Excerpts

  • From: Janice Gelb <Janice.Gelb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:53:22 +1100

IT news site The Register has posted some
examples of incomprehensible English in the
doc for a USB drive, and has asked readers
to send in their own examples:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/09/user_manual_folliws/

As they say:

"We hasten to add that our own personal language-
translation skills would leave us helpless in China,
Singapore, or Middle-Earth, but it does seem in this
global economy the services of a proofreader might
rate a bit higher on a manufacturer's priority list.

-- Janice