atw: Technical writer needed with API experience; Melbourne contract; CBD

  • From: "Geoffrey Marnell" <geoffrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 11:41:00 +1100

Hi austechies,

I'm looking for a technical writer who is confident writing instructions for
software developers. The client is looking for someone to write a fairly
technical document.

1)       The document is an API definition document - so the audience is
software developers

2)       The document is to be developed using MS Word and MS Vision (and
published in PDF format)

3)       The API inputs and outputs will be provided by the client's SME's
along with the context and process flow diagrams (in Visio).

4)       The document will need to consolidate the context and process flow
information along with the API specification.

There is no need to have any programming or specific language expertise (but
knowledge of what goes into a typical API guide is pretty much mandatory).

If you are interested, I can send you a sample document that shows the
format and level of detail required in the final document.

Shoot me your CV ASAP if you are interested.

Cheers

Geoffrey Marnell
Principal Consultant
Abelard Consulting Pty Ltd