atw: SEC: UNCLASS Pet hates: thanks

  • From: "Silcock, Howard DR" <Howard.Silcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austechwriter (austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:57:04 +1000

The contributions to this post appear to be drying up now (though please
don't let me stop you if you have more ideas to add), so I'd like to thank
everyone who participated. My hunch - that many more pet hates were out
there waiting to be let loose - seems to have been fairly accurate and I've
enjoyed the correspondence (though it's meant extra work to make up for the
time it's taken from my day!). Unless contributors let me know otherwise,
I'm assuming they're happy for me to put contributions on the Technical
Editor's Blacklist
(http://members.iinet.net.au/~howard.silcock/checklist.html) if they're
relevant to technical writing - and fit in with my own prejudices and
presumptions.

I'm slowly adding content as well as working on a refinement to the user
interface, in which a user can select one of three views - two with
different sets of tabs (one alphabetical, like those in the present version,
and a new subject-based set), and a third view with a single page of entries
and no tabs, more suited to searching and possibly printing. It's now just
about working with Internet Explorer but I'm having difficulty catering for
Firefox and Opera fans.

Howard