atw: Re: hidden text exposed

  • From: "Terry Dowling" <Terrence.Dowling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:13:20 +0800

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your ever-useful tips. Thankfully, no need to update macros
yet as I'm firmly entrenched in 2003. But a new SOE horizon looms, so
I'll put them aside for future reference.

I, too, use hidden text for the 'client thinks it should be removed'
stuff, but I prefer to just tell them Stet. Yes, you're right; often
they don't like that. Especially, my favourite reviewer who likes to
change has to includes, and includes to has on alternate pages, and area
to vicinity... ... He gets a lot of stets. My favourite comment from him
was relating to our standard company logo and name being on the side of
each page in a ppt presentation with the logo text reading upside down
if viewed in portrait layout. His comment "header text upside down".

My personal notes are only on hardcopy in my review folders. In the Word
file, I might include hidden text that says "see rev A review 22-Apr".

Prior to doing the deletions, I also like to Search for hidden text and
apply highlighting so they're all a bit more obvious when doing the
final check.

Fair cop on the multitasking. Though, according to some of my primary
school reports, I got in early.

Cheers,

Terry