atw: Re: Very OT: Climate change and fossil fuels

  • From: Rod Stuart <rod.stuart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 21:18:42 +1000

Terry, the accuracy of a NEW platinum wire instrument inside a BOM
Stevenson Screen is accurate to 1/10 of a degree. However, this drifts with
time. It is also adversely affected by the position of many of these
stations. In computing the global mean temperature, most of these are in
the continental USA. The globe is 70% ocean, where there are none. Do I
need to tell why it is absurd to speak of global mean surface temperatures
in 1/10 degree values?
As for the NASA paper, here is a link <
http://principia-scientific.org/supportnews/latest-news/163-new-discovery-nasa-study-proves-carbon-dioxide-cools-atmosphere.html

--