atw: Re: This does not make sense

  • From: Rod Stuart <rod.stuart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:22:30 +1000

Here is one for you. On the ABC news site <
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-20/global-warming-could-be-slower-than-first-thought-report/4701010>there
is the usual BS about the mythical 'global warming' etc. in which this
little gem is dropped, much like excrement for the rear end of a bull:

"For example, an El Nino is when the heat stored in the ocean temporarily *
glurges* out so the surface warms up but the total amount of heat in the
system doesn't change."

Apart from being total nonsense, it really belies the source of the ABC's
stories:

World English Dictionary
*glurge * (ɡlɜːdʒ) [image: [Click for IPA pronunciation
guide]]<http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html>
 — *n*stories, often sent by email, that are supposed to be true and
uplifting, but which are often fabricated and sentimental

--
Rod Stuart
6 Brickhill Drive