atw: Re: Training delivery software

  • From: writan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 13:43:11 +1000

Hi Bob,

The problem is the audience - nearly 3000 insurance brokers, working for about 600 brokerage companies. Some of these would be talking to us all the time - getting quotes, renewals, and all the rest. Most, however, only occasionally need us, as we're a small niche insurance company. If you're an insurance broker in Swan Hill, how many new policies are you going to sell, for example, to local aged care facilities?

The ones who use us all the time - they'll probably accept whatever we offer. The rest - if it gets too hard, if we don't make it easy for them, they may just go to a competitor. They don't want to spend lots of time on this. Think B2B online ordering - they'll just abandon the cart if it doesn't make sense.

So this is as much marketing as it is training. We'll probably deliver something along the lines of a video or other presentation at the next few industry forums (but I don't expect to be involved in that), but this is to help them through the messy process of obtaining a quote, for a product that they may sell once in a blue moon.

It is so much easier when the target audience consists of staff who are expected to like it or lump it!

/anne...

On Monday 19/08/2019 at 8:49 pm, Bob T  wrote:

would FAQs on a website be too simple?

Bob T

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 12:05, Jayant Sharma <jayant.catchme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Anne,

I have heard good things about Walk Me but not tried it yet. In one of my past jobs, I was using Screen Steps for knowledge transfer and I must say it serves the purpose. May be you'd like to consider that too.

Cheers,
Jay

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 at 11:05, <writan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Petra,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look at livepro, but I'm not sure it would work for my audience, as I need something that will essentially replace online help while the brokers are using the software, and livepro doesn't seem to integrate with the software. I'll poke around the Confluence plugins and see if any of them are useful. The big issue is that the software has neither online help or tool tips (although we are negotiating to add tool tips); this is because 'it's too customisable for online help'. Arrgggg...

/anne...

On Friday 16/08/2019 at 5:05 pm, Petra Liverani  wrote:

Hi Anne,

In my last position someone who worked in training highly recommended livepro.

If your company uses Confluence I wonder if it would be any good with the correct plugins.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=training

Regards,
Petra