atw: Re: Tips exchange

  • From: geoff@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:49:55 +1100

Quoting Craig Hadden <CraigH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> But I *like* tips. And if I think a particular tip will be useful, I write
> it down.
>
> Which brings me to another tip that isn't solely about software:
>
> * Keep a written record of tips, which you can take with you on your laptop
> or when you change jobs or contracts. You can use the same document to
> record anything that might be useful to remember months later, such as
> Internet addresses, and code examples such as JavaScript or Visual Basic. By
> using a single document, you can easily keep track of, back up and transport
> all the of URLs and other stuff that you find useful.

Keeping track of your own tips is an excellent idea.  I keep all mine on my
website, so it doesn't matter what physical site I'm at, they're always
available.  If the tip is a URL, the URL gets included.  If its something I
have to write, it goes in the Hints & Tips section.

Because I keep all this on a website, anyone can use it - even though the
primary target audience of the site is two people.

Geoff