atw: Re: The internet black hole

  • From: "Terry Dowling" <Terrence.Dowling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 15:46:26 +0800

Hi ya Christine,

My workaround to overcome not getting interviews was to remove my
education qualifications from my resume. As soon as I took out the 2 x
masters degrees, I started getting interviews again - and a job. I
figure people were fearful of hiring someone more qualified than
themselves. Generally, the qualifications were ok for contract roles,
but not permanent jobs.

If you're getting old, fear not. My boss told me that my colleague who
is almost 10 years my senior is the "succession plan" for me. I believe
he's currently looking for an 80 y.o. to succeed my successor. I fear
you're too young for that.

BTW, we're also going through a reorg to add in more middle managers and
expand - this is based on the fact that the company has had no sales
this financial year and a couple of last year's sales have been built
and put on hold by the customer until their demand increases, meaning
that if and when it does, we'll still have no sales.

Cheers,

Terry