atw: Re: 'Save As Picture' in Word 2010

  • From: Howard Silcock <howard.silcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 15:28:59 +1100

> Are you Windows 7/Word 2010 and do you get all the automatic upgrades?
Yes to Word 2010 and Windows 7. It's a corporate environment so I guess
they'd get the automatic upgrades.

** **

> What was used to produce the images in the first place and could there be
something buggy in the pictures themselves? ****

** They're screen shots - probably produced by Print Screen. But there are
a whole lot of them and Save as Picture worked with them before and now it
doesn't.

**> · **Have you tried inserting a new image in the document and seeing of
the Save As works for it? ****

**> o **Have you tried inserting it in a position in the document that
comes before the feature stopped working and****

**> o **a position after the feature stopped working?****
No, it seems to be getting more and more bizarre. It's not working in any
document with any picture. Now whatever picture I try it with I get a
message saying that macros are disabled. This happens even if I put a
picture in a document that was saved as macro-enabled, in which macros
actually run perfectly OK! It tells me macros are disabled, then the next
minute lets me run a macro. I think there's something very strange going on
with this Save as Picture command. Maybe it can only do so many saves and
then it can't cope any more. Closing Word and restarting - and even
rebooting - don't help....

I may have to resort to a call to our help desk.

Howard