atw: Re: SEC: UNCLASS Frameworks

  • From: "Allan Charlton" <Allan.Charlton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:44:14 +1000

Howard
I suggest that there's nothing wrong with 'framework' as a description
of a plan for a bureaucratic structure.  The problem is in the verb.

I believe the term 'framework' will survive as a description of an
organised collection of concepts or as a plan for a bureaucratic
structure.  I don't believe that the language will embrace the
'implementation' of frameworks - we will continue to test them, examine
them, compare them, and build on them.

I think that the use of 'implement' in the context of your example
probably fits Don Watson's description of weasel words.  (Incidentally,
Don Watson did not invent the term 'weasel words'.  It's been around for
ages, and I think Zinsser used it.)

Allan

confidential/privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete it and notify the sender.
Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not
necessarily the views of the Department.

You should scan any attached files for viruses.