atw: Re: Publishing printed manuals

  • From: "Naomi Kramer" <nkr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:48:06 +1000

Sounds interesting.  Also potentially dodgy as!

I'd say, check their standard contract VERY carefully.  Things to beware of
(that I can think of on the spur of the moment) -

- What control would your company have over the price charged for printed
manuals?
- What control would your company have over content?
- What grievance procedures could you follow?
- Would your company be signing over rights to have that manual printed by
anyone else (including yourselves)

Other things regarding the email itself -

- Was this a requested email?  The text of the email and the subject line,
to me, are contradictory... Which screams 'dodgy ethics' to me.
- No company name mentioned?  Errrr...?

Naomi