atw: Re: Publishing printed manuals

  • From: janet.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 15:05:03 +1100

Thanks Michael
My boss forwarded it to me, asking my opinion on using this kind of
service.

Rather than just dismiss it outright I thought it would be a good idea to
ask austechwriters their opinion, as I don't know of anyone using this
kind of printing service.

Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
06/02/2004 12:02 PM
Please respond to austechwriter

        To:     austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        atw: Re: Publishing printed manuals

Dear Janet (Wood),

This looks like US based Spam to me - and responding to any Spam
(including
clicking on one of the so called remove me from the list links) is really
terrible idea unless you want heaps more of it.

There are several reputable local companies that provide such a service,
rather than dealing with an unknown, off-shore mob, which means you
wouldn't be sending your work out into the unknown and some Aussies might
still have jobs, plus you pay in a currency that you needn't convert and
the option of Metric paper sizes on which to print.

You supply a local company with the PDFs of the job you want printed and
they print it, for a negotiated fee of course.

(Folk like The Digital Colour Copy Centre <http://www.tdc3.com.au/> come to
mind here, for starters as a good mob to deal with.)

But remember that there is no such thing as a free lunch and dealing with
Spammer is fraught with all sorts of issues.

Let the "buyer" beware!

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas

At 09:35 6/2/2004, you wrote:
>Has anyone had experience using publishing companies to print their
>documentation such as the one below?
>My company currently doesn't provide hard copy documentation, but is
>considering doing so in the future and maybe using a service like this.
>Any advice would be great!
>
><snip>

E & OE

The information contained in this email is confidential.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you may not disclose or use the information in
this email in any way.  Protocom does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or attached files.