atw: Re: Preferred font for coporate staff manuals

  • From: Janice Gelb <Janice.Gelb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:56:37 +1100

On 12/11/09 02:14 PM, Naomi Grant wrote:

I'm editing and formatting a staff manual for a real estate company.

The staff manual includes a lot of dialogue (in the form of role-play) which I have italicised.

Do any of you have a preferred font which works particularly well when italicised?

I'm afraid I don't. I do have a suggestion, though: if the
dialogue consists of several back-and-forth lines in a row,
you might want to consider using block indentation rather
than italics. Italics are not easy to read and are generally
intended for emphasis. If you use too much of them, they
lose their effectiveness.

Good luck!

-- Janice