atw: Re: Not ... all

  • From: "Jim Rountree" <James.Rountree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 11:39:26 +1100

Hi Howard

I don't think you're being pedantic ... "not all" is consistent with
"some", and definitely doesn't mean "not any"

I wonder what the difference is between the smoking and telephone
examples ... I agree noone would get the telephone one wrong but I bet
lots of people get the smoking one wrong.

Jim

Jim Rountree
Lead Technical Writer
Biosystems Division

Leica Biosystems Melbourne Pty Ltd
495 Blackburn Road
Mt Waverley VIC 3149
Australia
telephone +61 3 9211 7400
personal +61 3 9211 7587
facsimile +61 3 9211 7590
www.leica-microsystems.com <http://www.vision-bio.com/>

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. Any
retransmissions, dissemination or other use of these materials by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects. Our
liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. [Any
representations or opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual sender].

  _____