atw: Re: Mother and writer? (OT)

  • From: Ana Young <ana_young2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:15:56 -0800 (PST)

Hi Cathy,

I think that external help is essential and, as you
stated, comes in many different ways.

For example, outside school hours care is an essential
form of help (at least, I think so) and is very rarely
counted as one (it is not counted as 'domestic' help).

The ones I have used include ironing and cleaning
services (and am I envious of Christine's helper that
even did her shopping!). I also count the ready and
almost ready made meals from supermarkets, butchers
and Leonard's, and obviously my very good local
Indian, Thai, and Chinese restaurants. The family
prefers making their own pizzas but even then we use
the ready made bases.

I do envy my family in Portugal that have people that
come on set days of the week to their home. These
people do the shopping, cleaning, washing, and ironing
all in one go and at an affordable rate.

Well, my two cents worth. Back to work!

Cheers,
Ana