atw: Re: Linked graphics don't print

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:10:45 +1100

This also might be a PC running out of system resources scenario, Daryl
(Colquhoun).

(Does your PC need more RAM / free drive space or a defrag?)

Be sure to close down all redundant applications, before using the print
preview.

The Ctrl+A+F9 during print preview tip that came up on ATW the other day
was a beauty.  Use that.

Wait for things to finish updating.

Check the print preview.

Either print to Acrobat first and do any subsequent printing from the PDF
or print one section at a time.

Could also be an issue with a networked physical printing device running
out of resources and messing up the job.

Try printing smaller chunks to the printing device, preferably when the
communal load on that printer is low, such as sending the job to run after
hours or during a Friday lunch break.

Otherwise, it might also be the result a bandwidth / network speed issue
from dragging graphics across the network for printing.  I find that it is
usually best to work locally (with everything sourced from your local hard
drive) and back up globally (to the network) for reasons of speed and
reliability.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Michael Granat