atw: Re: Limiting word count

  • From: Bill Parker <renew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:16:29 +0800

Not sure if it works or not, its just a coarse visual aid to stop folks writing 300 -400 words abstracts with graphs and charts!!

Bill
On 04/01/2011, at 11:03 AM, Write Ideas wrote:

Pleased to see that the "lorem ipsum" text in a box concept works for you Bill.

Fascinating to hear about that Wiki on a stick idea, too Jonathan. (Will hang on to that idea for later! Never know when it might come in handy.)

It is so good to see so many members of our diverse little professional community pitching in to help each other out on such curly questions for which, when you are so close to the problem at hand, it is so useful to have a more remote perspective on call.

Michael Granat

Write Ideas
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
http://www.writeideas.com.au/

Advocating the GNU/Linux Ubuntu open source OS.
Ubuntu: "Linux for human beings!"
http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 09:03 +0800, Bill Parker wrote:

Jonathan

I eventually solved the problem mechanically. Because the end result
is beyond my control, the front end has to be very simple.  I
developed a template document saved in an older version of Word that I
know is PC and Mac compatible with a text box full of lorem ipsum and
some warnings and red as to why the (200) word count should not be
exceeded.

Bill
On 04/01/2011, at 8:43 AM, Jonathan Moffett wrote:

> You do not even need an intranet if you have access to a shared drive.
> "Wiki on a Stick" (http://stickwiki.sourceforge.net/) is a little
> self-modifying XHTML file used for easily setting up a Wiki site.
>
> Jonathan Moffett

<snip>

Dr Bill Parker
“The greatest enemy of the truth is not the lie – deliberate, contrived, and dishonest – but the myth – persistent, pervasive, and unrealistic.”
 John F. Kennedy