atw: Re: Limiting word count

  • From: Ken Fredric <KenFredric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 11:26:24 +1000

Hi Ginette,
Info below copied from a post from 2007, so hope it is still accurate:

Welcome to Australian Technical Writers (austechwriter), a free on-line forum
and announcement service for technical writers.

This group is open to anyone who works in, or has an interest in, technical
writing. Postings are unmoderated: no one, not even the owner of the group,
will vet any postings.

The principal purpose of the group is to provide Australian technical writers
with a forum to discuss the theory and practice of tech writing. Subscribers
are welcome to pose and answer questions, propose topics for discussion, share
tips and discoveries, publicise jobs, or post any type of message so long as it
is relevant to tech writing.

Austechwriter is also a bulletin board for those who, although not subscribers,
have information of relevance they wish to make known to tech writers. For
example, a recruitment agency can advertise a position, professional bodies can
make their services known, conference organisers can publicise a relevant
conference, and so on.

Please note that the list administrator reserves the right to cancel the
subscription of any member who posts spam, flames another member, or posts
messages of seriously dubious taste.

Members are encouraged to use standard prefaces in the subject field of
postings that are not strictly of professional relevance, prefaces such as
"[OT]" for an off-topic posting and "[ANN]" for a personal advert or
announcement.

To post to the forum, send your message to austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Note
that email attachments are not permitted.)

To resubscribe to austechwriter, send a message to

To receive austechwriter as a daily digest, send a message to
austechwriter-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "set austechwriter digest" in the
Subject field.

To cancel the daily digest and receive individual postings, send a message to
austechwriter-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unset austechwriter digest" in the
Subject field.

To cancel postings without unsubscribing, send a message to
austechwriter-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "set austechwriter vacation" in the
Subject field.

To resume receiving individual postings, send a message to
austechwriter-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unset austechwriter vacation" in the
Subject field.

To change your settings using the web interface, go to
www.freelists.org/list/austechwriter

Further hints on using austechwriter can be found at
www.freelists.org/help/faq.html

Ken Fredric
Senior Technical Writer