atw: Re: Captivate or Camtasia?

  • From: Robert Levy <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:12:01 -0400

Hello,

I can second the Jing recommendation for cheap and easy, though (as Teena
said), you do have to edit it elsewhere and there's a time limit. I think you
are expected to use the pro version for commercial use.

I've never used Camtasia, but I really like Captivate. It makes it extremely
easy to edit and adjust timing and onscreen elements. For producing something
quickly, it's my go-to software.

Though I use a Mac, I use the Windows version of Captivate, since it comes with
the Tech Comm Suite, and so far you can't get the Mac version with that suite.

Have fun!

rob