atw: Re: A couple of Word bits

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:20:59 +1000 (EST)

Gee, I\'ve never encountered that problem, John (Murphy).

In my experience, the styleref in the Word header picks up the first instance
of
the referred style on the page, pretty much regardless, unless you\'ve stuck it
in a floating box of some kind (which is not really on the page, so to speak).

What can I say?

Styleref in a header or footer Works a treat for me, every time.

Cheers,

Michael Granat
Write Ideas

Quoting John Murphy <john.murphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Something else to watch out for with the pagebreak/heading issue
>
> If you are using a styleref field to reflect the section heading (in the
> header for instance) then the extra line will stop the last page of a
> section detecting the heading style of the next section and displaying
> that instead of it\'s own.
>
> These are all quirks of Word. Not even worth reporting to them. Barely
> worth creating a knowledge base for.
>
> John Murphy
> Documentation
> Dilithium Networks

Michael Granat
Write Ideas*
Carnegie, Victoria, Australia.
E-mail:         megranat@xxxxxxxx
Mobile Phone:   0419 502 378

*Trading As business #0828673K
Registered (1987) Corporate Affairs Victoria

Plain English Technical Communication.
Advertising Copywriting.
Business Writing.

This E-mail and any attachments have been virus checked with either the latest
available version of CA-Vet or Trend Micro OfficeScan.  For your own peace of
mind, please check this again with your own antivirus software before opening
any file attachments.

Any and all copyright, proprietary, registered and trademarked names used in
this E-mail and its file attachments are recognized as remaining the property
of
their rightful owners.

E&OE - Errors & Omissions Excepted