atw: I'm going into a documentation management role

  • From: Kate Macumber <kate.macumber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:04:05 +0100

Hi All,

I have accepted a job as a documentation manager (i.e. managing all of the
internal/external documentation in an organisation and getting others - not
technical writers - to write that documentation).

Everyone seems to think that I can do it (my current boss, the interviewers,
colleagues), but having worked as a software/hardware technical writer for
the past 15 years, this is a very different role for me.

As such, I was wondering if any of you has done this before and whether you
can provide me with any pointers / useful resources.

Thanks for your help,

Kate.