atw: How to enable macros

  • From: "Diana Muzrimas" <Diana.Muzrimas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:18:22 +1000

I'm working with Word 2003.

I created a couple of small macro's yesterday to help me more
effectively edit a large MS-Word document (it allowed me to copy text
between two documents). It was working fine two days ago. A Trainer was
working on the document yesterday (limited Word skills)

When I tried to run the macro's today, I'm getting the following
message:

   Microsoft Visual Basic - The macros in this project are disabled.

   Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host
application

   to determine how to enable macros.

I'm trying to contact the appropriate person from the Host application
developers.

When ever I open the document(s) I'm also now finding that the Control
Toolbox and Exit Design Mode toolbars are displayed; even though I Exit
design mode, and then close theControl toolbar. When I re-open the
document they still display.

I had deleted a custom toolbar (TRIM Document Assembly) that is
installed from a third-party application, as I thought this might be
related to the problem.

But the VB error continues to occur. Any suggestions where I should
look, would be appreciated?

I have also been getting the following error when I close some
documents:

   TRIM Document Assembly - Run-time error '4248': This command is not
available because no document is open.

Diana

Canberra

Work 02 6245 2100