atw: Re: How to enable macros

  • From: "Steve Hudson" <adslyy5g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:11:02 +1000

Ergle. One of my least fav probs :-(

A - the macros disabled problem

#1: For the session, try tools > macro > security > none. I have a strange
feeling this sometimes doesn't work.

#2: For long-term usage, create a digital certificate with SelfCert, sign
production copies of your template, and go through the long drilldown to
approve the certificate permanently. This is Painful but possible.

When you deleted the toolbar, I wonder what Context you deleted it in. Word
can get very gnarly about that one. Eg Context = Active document, attached
template, normal. Ideally, you explictly open the global template the
toolbar is in and delete it from there.

I suspect your 'deletion' has been 'saved' in Normal.dot and 'deletes' the
toolbar everytime you load Word. This causes a righteous mess and no - there
is no way of determining where this virtual "delete my toolbar" toolbar is
opr what it is :-( It's a combo of the Word data key and normal.dot. You can
try renaming both, you may get the toolbar back though.

B - Design mode

This beastie raises its head regularly. Your VBA modules have a
HasDesignerWindow property, or something like that. Set this to false. (
Mytemplate.VBProject.VBComponents(n) )

C - Trim document problem

Hmmm. I am guessing it is trying to read a value from the toolbar you have
deleted and is mishandling the error. Contact the manufacturer of TRIM and
tell em you deleted the toolbar and now get this error.

Nasty nasty problems, I get them sometimes too. You have to be damn careful
when fiddling in this manner.

GL!

Steve