[austechwriter] Re: XML - bringing it together

  • From: "Rhonda Bracey" <rhonda.bracey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:03:44 +0800

<snip>Author-IT looks like a great product but I believe it's not based
on XML in any way, which would rule it out for Andrea's
situation.</snip>

AuthorIT *IS* based on XML - it's just that the XML structure is hidden
from user view. Since v4.0.437 you can import and export XML files (see
Release Notes for 4.0.437 at:
http://www.author-it.com/docs/html/releasenotes/index.htm). I've not
done this yet (nor had a need to), so I can't comment at all on what it
does or how it does it or how effective it is.

Rhonda

Rhonda Bracey
rhonda.bracey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.cybertext.com.au (Latest newsletter: