[austechwriter] Re: Sec Unclassified: Re: Query: Honorifics and other dotted abbrieves / sentences

  • From: "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes" <seanodh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:00:31 +1000

Hi folks,

Interesting discussion on the army identifications. I suspect you will find
it changes from army/defence force to defence force.

 I was just recently in New Zealand working for the NZDF and they have a
wide variety of terms as well.....the highest rank being All-Black Captain.

However if you want to confirm what the appropriate terms are for the
command structure.....I would suggest going to the ADF website (Aust.
Defence Force). I am sure there would be a link there to a helpful person
who would be happy to clear up any problems. The Defence Forces are now
quite customer focused, they want to serve as well as defend.

regards and thanks
Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes
Technical Writer, Documentation Consultant and Writing Guru.

Melbourne, Australia

~currently doing a short term contract redrafting a national publishers
website - that will end soon~ ~hint!~