[austechwriter] Re: Query: Honorifics and other dotted abbreves / sentences

  • From: Craig Hadden <CraigH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:18:41 +1000

Erisa (Linsky) wrote:
> Examples that don't fit your sentence definitions...

Of course there'll always be examples that the software can't catch. I
assume it will take this into account and perhaps present sentences for
confirmation or something, or maybe the software's decision isn't that
critical (as in the case of Word's "word count" feature, where the
definition of a "word" must have a somewhat similar, but less complex, set
of rules).

Steve, I suggest adding Rule 7: Sentence is not followed by a lowercase
letter.

Regards,
Craig