[austechwriter] Re: \"Invisible\" Word bookmarks.

  • From: Michael Edward Granat <megranat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 14:22:23 +1000 (EST)

Well please excuse me for getting the wrong end of the wrong stick.

A possible workround is pressing Alt+F9 to reveal / hide all the field codes in
the document.

If you move your text cursor Using the up/down arrow keys) into the Contents
list field when it is displaying as a contents list (don\'t click on the list
or
it takes you to the referenced heading) then press Shift+F9, you can display
and
even copy / paste and make use of the hyperlink that Word builds to the heading.

I would suggest you scrap the old contents list and build a new one from
scratch.

This time, go to the Insert > Index and Tables / Table of Contents tab, click
Options and individually select the styles that you want.

Might just fix your problem, but it sound like you have a seriously corrupted
file here that has been through too many hands and needs to be exported as
plain
text (Edit > Paste > Special) into a new file based on your template and
rebuilt.

A good way to detect a corrupted Word file is look for gobbledygook in the
headers and footers in print preview mode.

Sorry about the flame.

Hope that helps.

Michael Granat
Write Ideas