[audio-pals] Re: thank you so it is the server not me

  • From: Thomas McMahan <thomas.mcmahan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 17:31:04 -0500

I shut down the Yahoo group down because a lot of the administrative interface
is not accessible with either VO or Orca.

The emissives group is still in existence, but as you know hasn’t been working.
 I think maybe free lists might be have some bounce problems with Yahoo
addresses as well, but at least messages are finally getting through to the
group, thus a soft bounce on the score, not a fatal one as emissives was doing.

Of course Yahoo has had to do some changes with their mail system as well
because of the heart bleed thing that is going around, guess they got burned a
little bit, but they have fixed whatever was going on with that.  That might
why the list systems outside of yahoo are generating bounce notices.

I have one emissives group who’s last message was on Sunday, nothing since.
It’s not as high traffic as this group, but I sent a message to that group
yesterday, and nothing has shown up either my post, or any replies, so that one
looks to be totally down still.  Other groups are up though and in varying
strengths.

Yahoogroups didn’t shut down or anything like that, it’s just an accessibility
migration that has been going on for the past 6 months or more.  Their neuo
system or whatever that is called really set us back accessibility wise.

It’s to bad because overall they had a pretty good group system when they had
purchased e-groups, and the web interface had gotten better over the years
until last year then it went back 10 years or more.