[audio-pals] My Birthday Day

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 22:59:20 -0500

Well, today has been a great day despite the fact we have been house bound
due to the weather. We had another batch of weather come through this
morning which ruined our evening plans to go over to the in-laws to
celebrate my birthday. This morning both Little Man and Amanda got me a
birthday card and a $25 Apple iTunes giftcard. Then Amanda fixed me a big
breakfast which was delicious. I have watched several episodes of Psych and
being that we did not plan on having dinner here, but over at the in-laws we
did not have a birthday cake or anything planned for dinner. However, Amanda
made me a birthday cake from scratch. For my meal tonight she made ribs,
baked potatoes, and green beans; it was all delicious. This morning was kind
of interesting, Little Man wanted to go outside and play in the snow, like
any kid would, it was still kind of early, but the weather man was calling
for rain around noon so I told him he could go ahead and go out. One kid
still had not crawled out of bed, the two girls that he normally plays with
have gone to the beach during all of this horrible weather we are having.
So, he was left to play by himself outside. Not too long after he went out
he came back in and said there is a woman trying to get him to come inside
her apartment. This kind of alarmed me. I told him to ignore her and play
right outside the apartment instead of up toward where he said she was. He
cam back in not too long after the first time and said she wants one of us.
I really started questioning things now. I asked him what she wanted. Well,
he said she wants someone to go and unlock her door. This was not really
adding up, I said well why doesn't she just walk around and go inside? The
reason I said this is because from what it sounded like he was saying, was
she was standing on her patio and trying to get him to come inside. He said
she can't. I said well why not? He said she is too high up. Then the
lightbulb went off. Give me a break, I hadn't had my coffee yet and someone
was trying to get my kid to come in their house. So, Amanda went up there
and sure enough the lady is standing on her balcony and starts yelling at us
as soon as she sees us come outside. Well, Amanda wasn't much help because
the lady's door was locked, she didn't have keys on her so the lady had to
call the office anyways and talk to the on-call service. The temperature was
right about 25 degrees f this morning. I have had this happen to me before
so once everything clicked I could understand her predicament. These patio
doors are sliding glass doors and should not lock from closing the patio
door, but they do and they have. I live on the bottom level and it would
have been ok if I had my keys in my pocket, but I did not. I would say from
now on she is going to make sure she at least has her keys in her pocket and
more than likely leave the sliding glass dor cracked when she goes outside.
When this happened to me, I called the on-call service. The apartment
manager called me and said she would come and let me in, but it was going to
cost me $25. I told her I don't think so, it was her faulty equipment that
has gotten me stranded outside in the first place. After pointing out to her
that the doors should have never locked me out in the first place and her
attempt to take money from me when it is her faulty equipment would be theft
she came and unlocked my door without charge and had maintenance up here the
next day looking at it. I hope she didn't charge that woman.

Tennessee has been moved up to a level II state of emergency which Amanda
looked at and it says a major disaster.