[audio-pals] Re: Letter To group.

  • From: Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx>
  • To: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 19:36:15 -0600

Well, I'm not really sure about all of that, but at least we have water.
On 12/14/2014 6:06 PM, Thomas McMahan wrote:
Sounds like a half basement then.  So now the question is can a water pipe be
followed?  Sort of extreme, and going to involve a lot of cable even just on
the upper floor to get to where it may be able to run down through to the
modem, and it of course may not be feezable even still.  Am guessing where the
pipes are there is probably no gap at all between pipe and cement around them.
The other option might be from window up there down to window on your floor
depending on types of windows, then just hook up a wireless internet on that
downstairs.  Although nothing to tack wiring down though since I’m guessing the
outside of the place is brick or concrete.  This is a dilemma.

It’s making me more thankful for the wooden POS that we have now *lol*.  I just
won’t be thankful if a tornado comes or if fire starts in here.  Earthquake or
flood, not as big of a deal.  But can usually figure out options with this
place, as long as we don’t mind surface mounting *lol*.

On Dec 14, 2014, at 4:12 PM, Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx> wrote:

No we have water on all floors, just not internet. It isn't exactly a basement,
I don't know how to describe it. I guess it's just the set up.
On 12/14/2014 2:54 PM, Thomas McMahan wrote:
Okay, next question about your house then.  Where is it’s water supply?  Does
it only have water in the upper floor too?  Unfortunately you confirmed my
worse fear and that is that it’s all concrete.  I am also presuming that you
all have tried a wireless solution and that didn’t work.

Well I’ve often thought about my place that there are disadvantages to not
having a basement, I still think there are some, but now your house is pointing
out disadvantages of having a basement too.  Kind of ironic.

I have tried total recorder on my laptop, wasn’t overly impressed with my
laptop’s internal mike either.  It is functional, but still not nearly as good
as using an Olympus.
I don’t have any experience with Goldwave though, others here will have to
answer that question.  Amadeus Pro though I have played with often, not to do
recordings though, just for editing.

I haven’t explored any options with Linux though yet.  We seem to be OS poor
around here really.  Linux, Mac OS x two versions, because Pat’s machine is a
Tiger machine, Windows 8.1 which as far as I’m concerned really stinks,
although I can get around with it some, Sonar Linux 1 is Manjaro, the other is
ubuntu, and a chromebook, although I don’t mess with that very often either.
Patti is more apt to use that machine, or her sister because Patti likes the
laptop better.  A lot of old computers around here, although the old laptop may
go to the recycle I can’t seem to advance it past Sonar 12 which is the ubuntu
Sonar.  It never completes the installation of Manjaro Sonar which is to bad
because that is actually good and stable.
On Dec 14, 2014, at 11:36 AM, Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks Tom, the house is all concrete, and it kinda goes almost underground, I
guess u could say. But te internet can't pass through the concrete. I hope that
I will get an mp3 recorder soon. Or I will record on my laptop sometimes if
GoldWave stops being a poophead and gives me an error every time I try and
record. This is odd as I have never had that problem before. Although the mike
on my recorder is better quality than my laptop's built in internal.
On 12/14/2014 2:06 AM, Thomas McMahan wrote:
Am listening to it now.  GMX isn’t that foreign here on this list, there are
two of us who have GMX accounts in the list.

I will also convert your letter over to .mp3 and put a copy over into dropbox
in the group folder plus a copy in the archive of letters that I have over on
sendspace.  Although I bet most people that listen to letters in the group have
no problems with .wma.

My recorders can do .wma .mp3 or .wav  To bad your other recorder broke though
but the one you are using at least presents a good signal as is.  With mine I
usually have to kick it through editor and amplify the file or I will get into
trouble with Liz.  Actually I am probably always in trouble with Liz since I
teas her.  But she’s Canadian so I have to do that *lol*.

Now am going to finish listening to your letter.  I’m curious though as to why
you can’t get internet down on the lower floor?  There’s no way to pass a cat5
cable through somewhere?  Well maybe I should ask is there any ductwork in that
house, that sometimes is the easiest way to do some cable running.  If you live
in a house that doesn’t have that though a little more thinking may be required.
On Dec 14, 2014, at 1:22 AM, Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok awesome, got the link, and recorded a response. Don't exactly have a pro
account, but I've got a few tricks up my sleve. My recorder records in WMA. I
know, not the best format, but hey, it works. Here's the link:
https://fs10n2.sendspace.com/dl/3b63504a78ba4ba50c5f6cfb4b8250d0/548d396e6cecce36/urgbrn/My%20First%20Audio%20Letter.WMA
Enjoy guys.
On 12/13/2014 10:36 PM, Thomas McMahan wrote:
Well looks like the whole link didn’t carry through then.

Lets try that again.

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/vzfegb

See if that works any better.

On Dec 13, 2014, at 8:55 PM, Stacey <crazystacey25@xxxxxxx> wrote:

hey for some reason it's not showing up as a link. not sure why it just says
the letter h after sendspace users. Wonder if that is my email client?
On 12/13/2014 8:49 PM, Thomas McMahan wrote:
  For Sendspace users:

Will be putting it in dropbox shortly for those in the group box, since
Sendspace wizard is running now though I expect it will take some time yet.

I will have to do the group archive folder later, because I just created a new
folder for them, and I want to organize them by year if possible.
ttps://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/vzfegb* To post to the audio-pals group send
e-mail to: audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word subscribe in

put the word unsubscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.
put the word subscribe in the subject line of the e-mail.