[audacity4blind] Re: unable to remove background noise

  • From: Andrew Downie <access_tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 18:40:44 +1000

Noise reduction is one of those features which can sometimes work really well and other times either does not work or produces unwanted side effects. You did not say what "not working" means. Is the noise still there or is the recording unpleasant in other respects?

Noise reduction is a two-stage process. You first have to find a sample of the unwanted noise and select only it. From Noise Reduction, select Get Noise Floor. Then select all the audio and apply the noise reduction. There are many adjustments you can make and some experimentation may be needed to get the best compromise.

All the best with it.

Andrew

On 14/09/2015 5:56 PM, Mr. Wong Chi Wai wrote:

Hi,
I use my iphone to record some sound effect. I try to make my room as silent as possible but still there are still some noise that may exist in live recording. I try noise reduction and it seems not working.
Any advice on this?
Thanks!!