[audacity4blind] Re: peavey 8USB

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 00:04:43 +0100

Try the steps at
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/faq_recording_troubleshooting.html#flatline
.

If you plug in a USB device after starting Audacity then you must use
Transport >
Rescan Audio Devices in Audacity.

If Audacity says you can record eight recording channels in Device Toolbar
then select all eight channels and close the empty tracks after recording.
Audacity is not able to specify recording for example only channels 5 and 6
unless you record all eight channels.

If you only notice four pairs of stereo recording devices in Devices
Preferences then you will only be able to record two channels at a time
(unless you compile Audacity  with ASIO support).

Gale