[audacity4blind] device settings and track settings

  • From: Brad Erhardt <brad.erhardt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 11:08:08 -0800

Hi everyone, I have a question which I need your help on. I just found out that
there are  controls in the toolbar section under device, which set your input
and output devices. This part I was previously familiar with, however I also
found out that there is a setting on input that offers one channel mono, or 2
channels stereo.

There is also the track setting in the tracks menu when you select new track,
mono or stereo. Is this duplicated or is there some way in which these two sets
of controls work with each other. I assume I can't make new track stereo and
yet record with mono input etc.

Thanks for your help in sorting this one out.