[audacity4blind] tracks and muting

  • From: Brad Erhardt <brad.erhardt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 18:54:40 -0800

Hi all, I don't know if anyone has had this same problem as me but perhaps
someone can give me some advice.

To start with I am running Audacity 2.0.5 on a mac OS X Snowleopard.

I am using the VoiceOver screen reader built into the mac system.

Usually selecting or muting tracks works seemlessly but today this problem was
happening.

I imported a music file to work on, then went to tracks and said new audio
track.

The strange part is here now when I navigate up or down to where it said the
name of the music track, I used shift U to mute it but it wasn't muting the
music track. When I pressed the down arrow I would see that my audio track was
muted. So for some reason I was either on the wrong track but voiceover was
announcing it as the other track, and the mute functtion was working propperly
or audacity was muting the wrong track.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks,

Brad Erhard