[audacity4blind] Track/project length, SyncLock and more

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:54:40 +0200

Hi!
I have a couple of questions.
Is there a way of determining the sum length of all tracks? In other
words, how long a project would be if all tracks were aligned end to end.

If I understand the SyncLock function correctly, it is supposed to effect
only those tracks which are selected when SyncLock is activated. According
to the manual those tracks should then display a SyncLock icon. I have two
problems here. First, no matter which tracks are selected at the time of
activation, SyncLock is applied to all tracks. Second, being blind I can't
tell which tracks have the SyncLock icon. Does anyone know of a way to
have JAWS announce this?

And here's a little item for the whishlist. I would like to be able to
choose a sound for the completion of longer activities. What with all the
warning and info sounds on a blind user's computer, the system beep just
isn't distinctive enough nor loud enough. Many other programs let you
select your own sounds for such purposes. Would that be possible for
Audacity?

Cheers, Robbie