[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity with NVDA

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:10:06 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
there are a couple of ways of reading the start and end of selection.
The first is to press the [ and ] keys when there is no playback or recording.
For example, if you press [, a dialog opens which contains a spin box control
which has the value of the start of the selection. Similarly for ]. Note if you
want to change the time format in these controls (for example hh:mm:ss +
centi-seconds), you have to change the format of one of the spin box controls
on the selection bar for Audacity to remember it.
The second way is to press ctrl+f6 to move to the selection bar. If necessary
tab to the length/end radio buttons, and set the end option. Then tab to the
selection start and end spin boxes to hear their values. Press ctrl+f6 twice to
return to the tracks. There's more info in the Jaws guide to audacity about the
selection bar.