[audacity4blind] Re: Track/project length, SyncLock and more

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 12:08:27 +0100 (BST)

Hi Robbie,
re: sum of length of tracks. I don't know of any automated way of doing this.
But you could find out the length of each track by moving the cursor to the end
of each track and reading its position, and then add the lengths using either
mental arithmetic or a spread sheet.

re: sound at the length of longer activities. If I set the option to beep on
completion of longer activities in the interface category of preferences, then
it doesn't make any sound whatsoever on my computer (audacity 2.0.1, windows 7
64 bit). Do you get a beep, and if so for what activities?

re: sync lock.
I don't think your understanding of sync lock is correct. Here's another
For the purposes of sync locking, the tracks in a project are considered to
form one or more groups. This grouping is determined by the label tracks in the
project. If there are no label tracks, then there's just a single group.
If there are label tracks, then if a label track is followed by an audio track,
then the label track is the last track in the group, and the audio track is the
first track in the next group.

A track is sync locked if any of the tracks in its group are selected.
Currently there isn't a way of Jaws reading whether a track is sync locked.

David.