[audacity4blind] Solving latency problems

  • From: Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 09:24:36 +0100

Hi list.

I have recently been making some experiments to compare other accessible daws with Audacity, and, to be honest, I like the 32 bit float quality Audacity provides by default. The only problem is that I always have to keep making slight adjustments to latency values.

I don't know if the same happens to any of you musicians and producers out there, but after a fiew tracks, latency really starts to be a problem, and I always have to keep an eye, either to be able to sync while playing, or to adjust the values in the recording preferences. Sometimes, even tracks which sounded in sync, get out of sync for no apparent reason. And that happens specificly with Audacity.

As Audacity does not support Asio, and comçiling it in the program is far beond the extent of my hability and patience, I would like to know how you solve latency problems without Asio, or if you have to keep adjusting those values just like it seems to be my case. If you have an easyer solution, please share it. Many thanks.

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line