[audacity4blind] Screen-reader freezes while working with Audacity

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 17:03:05 +0930

Hello again,

Since downloading the latest version of Audacity, there have been several times
when the program has locked up, as it were, and my screen-reader, NVDA has
frozen, effectively stopping me from functioning on the computer. I've had to
force a shutdown several times because of this, and the last time it wouldn't
work. I was previewing the "Noise Removal" effect that time, but other
instances have included trying to slow a song down using the "Change Speed"
effect. I can't remember what else I've done when this has happened.

What have I been doing wrong to cause this to occur? Is this a bug in the
current Audacity?