[audacity4blind] Removing parts without moving the rest

  • From: Arne <waschmasche@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:33:36 +0200

Hello once more,

in some music tracks I wanted
1. To remove a part from the start of a track.
2. Keep the rest of the track content in place wihtout changing the default preference in the preferences dialog.
3. Make the track start at the point where the content starts now.

I could change the default preference (Preferences/Tracks/Editing a clip can move other clips). But mostly, I need to move other clips as I edit interviews or soundscapes to delete useless data inbetween. Now I want both to delete useless data but to keep the rest of the track in time. What I did now, I replaced the useless data with silence with Ctrl+L.

Any better suggestion?

Best regards,
Arne