[audacity4blind] Re: Removing parts without moving the rest

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:32:37 +0100 (BST)

Hi Arne,
an alternative would be to use the trim command on the edit menu. This
command deletes audio that isn't selected, and doesn't time shift anything.
Note that a more precise desciption of what trim does involves clips, which
alas aren't accessible to screen readers, but this probably won't affect you
with what you're trying to do. Just for the record, a more precise desciption
is that for each clip which contains selected audio, the trim command deletes
any unselected audio, and doesn't time shift any audio in doing so.