[audacity4blind] Phono Preamp

  • From: Justin Trevino <jtrevino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 05:26:02 -0600

I just purchased a Phono preamp with a usb output for use with audacity. Trouble is, when I connect it it mutes JAWS. I suspect it is muting my speakers. Thankfully, when I disconnect it JAWS returns. Is there a setting in my control panel that will prevent other sound devices from taking over? I'm using Windows 8. I realize this is more of a computer question than an audacity question but I'm really hoping someone can help me figure this out. It is frustrating to have a new piece of gear and not be able to use it.

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line