[audacity4blind] More on recording from internet radio

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:35:00 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:33:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: james kadlec <jfkadlec@xxxxxxxxx>
To: audacity-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Audacity-users] Audacity-users Digest, Vol 5, Issue 51

stereo mix as the source will do just fine for him. he should be told though, that if he continues to use his computer while simultaneously recording, if he hits a key in a computer program which elicits a warning beep, that this sound will also be included in his recording.

  jfk

Today's Topics:

1. Re: [audacity4blind] recording live radio (fwd) (Adam Lafayette)
2. Re: Pitch shifting preview not working properly. (duck scott)

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 07:04:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Adam Lafayette
Subject: Re: [Audacity-users] [audacity4blind] recording live radio
(fwd)
To: Discussion list for Audacity users

David this should help him if he's running windows. I have used both the
methods I mention below.

If you are using windows I think you can choose "stereo mix" as the source you
are recording from if you are recording sound thats coming from your computer. I think in
that case it will just be recording what ever is being sent to your computer speakers.

If listening on a stereo or boom box run an from an output or headphones Jack
to the line in on your computer and set audacity to record from line in.

This is all asuming you know how to record from other devices in audacity.

Adam Lafayette N1ZGG atomlbomb@xxxxxxxxx http://www.bloodkeg.com http://www.geocities.com/atomlbomb

From: Robert Smith
Subject: [audacity4blind] recording live radio

Hello,

Is it possible to use Audacity to record from a radio station, when you happen
to run across something and want to quickly get a recording process going? In
other words I halppen to tune into something live on radio, and want to get it
captured on the computer which is where I am already listening to it.

Bob S.

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 08:09:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: duck scott
Subject: Re: [Audacity-users] Pitch shifting preview not working
properly.
To: Anders Holmberg , Discussion list for
Audacity users

Anders,
First, what platform are you on (and what is the OS of that platform). Second, how much
RAM do you have and what is your processors. Third, please clarify what "thrown out
in the main window" means. Does it mean that Audacity crashes, or does it mean that
you loose you wave form, or does it mean that the dialog box closes.

Thanks,
Josh

Anders Holmberg wrote: HellO!
When i cahnging the pitch of a sound and wants to prewview it it previes the
sound but then i am thrown out in the main window.
Should it be this way or is it a bug?
/Anders.

End of Audacity-users Digest, Vol 5, Issue 51 *********************************************