[audacity4blind] Re: [Audacity-users] recording live radio (fwd)

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:33:46 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 07:04:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Adam Lafayette <atomlbomb@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Discussion list for Audacity users <audacity-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Audacity-users] [audacity4blind] recording live radio (fwd)

David this should help him if he's running windows.  I have used both the
methods I mention below.

If you are using windows I think you can choose "stereo mix" as the source you
are recording from if you are recording sound thats coming from your computer.  I think
in that case it will just be recording what ever is being sent to your computer speakers.

If listening on a stereo or boom box run an from an output or headphones Jack
to the line in on your computer and set audacity to record  from line in.

This is all asuming you know how to record from other devices in audacity.

Adam Lafayette N1ZGG atomlbomb@xxxxxxxxx http://www.bloodkeg.com http://www.geocities.com/atomlbomb

From: Robert Smith
Subject: [audacity4blind] recording live radio

Hello,

Is it possible to use Audacity to record from a radio station, when you happen
to run across something and want to quickly get a recording process going?  In
other words I halppen to tune into something live on radio, and want to get it
captured on the computer which is where I am already listening to it.

Bob S.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV -- Mailing list: Audacity-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To UNSUBSCRIBE, use the form at the bottom of this web page: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-users The audacity4blind website is at http://users.northlc.com/sberry/ Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives, Audacity keyboard commands, and more...