[audacity4blind] Re: Introduction and a basic inquiry

  • From: Vitor Ferreira <vitorflash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 09:32:24 +0100

Hello.

H ere's a manual specific to jaws users. Hope you can take advantage.

Vitor

Às 23:29 de 21/09/2015, Chela Robles escreveu:

Hello,
My name is Chela Robles. I'm a totally blind trumpeter and am from Northern California. I use NVDA on Windows 10, JAWS 15 on Windows 7 and Voiceover on an iPhone and iPod Touch.
I'm very new to Audacity, just downloaded it to my Windows 7 laptop that has JAWS 15 on it, the latest version of Audacity I have is 2.11. I was wondering how I could get started with it. I was planning on making a jazz album with the background music I have you know the basic piano bass and drums, typical rhythm section from Jamey Aebersold accompaniment tracks, and lay the trumpet on top. I had heard this was a great tool to use for audio and I though I could take the plunge and learn it. I was searching and found you guys and though you guys who use screen readers, in particular, JAWS, could perhaps steer me in the right direction as to how to get started with recording and then editing the recordings I make. Again, I am grateful for your feedback and am excited to learn about audacity and how it works with JAWS 15 and above.

--
Vitor Ferreira