[audacity4blind] Introduction and a basic inquiry

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:29:47 -0700

Hello,
My name is Chela Robles. I'm a totally blind trumpeter and am from Northern California. I use NVDA on Windows 10, JAWS 15 on Windows 7 and Voiceover on an iPhone and iPod Touch.
I'm very new to Audacity, just downloaded it to my Windows 7 laptop that has JAWS 15 on it, the latest version of Audacity I have is 2.11. I was wondering how I could get started with it. I was planning on making a jazz album with the background music I have you know the basic piano bass and drums, typical rhythm section from Jamey Aebersold accompaniment tracks, and lay the trumpet on top. I had heard this was a great tool to use for audio and I though I could take the plunge and learn it. I was searching and found you guys and though you guys who use screen readers, in particular, JAWS, could perhaps steer me in the right direction as to how to get started with recording and then editing the recordings I make. Again, I am grateful for your feedback and am excited to learn about audacity and how it works with JAWS 15 and above.

Teachers have a sacred task:
It is to give children the skills to understand the world and an expectation
that the world is a trustworthy place; that it is full of light, and love, and
music and that each student deserves--and will have--their own place in it and
the chance to play their own song.
And, as much of these expectations are transmitted non-verbally—and in Chela’s
case--out of sight…it is the voice and touch of a Teacher that sheds light on
what the world can be.
Academics—and no one will ever change my mind on this—take a distant second place.
—Former Orientation & Mobility Instructor Dr. Bil Hawkins
--
Chela Robles
E-mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx