[audacity4blind] Editing only one of two tracks

  • From: Steven <mysticranger@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 07:08:55 +0100

Hello everyone,

I am not quite sure, how to start this. So, let me explain to you first, what I am planning to do.

I have some DVDs here with a TV-Show on it. Recently, I acquired an audio described version of that show, which is not included on the DVD itself. However, the duration of the audio described version and the DVD-Version does not match. I know, why that is, and I think, I know, what to edit, to make it match.
So, I extracted the original audio track from the DVD, and opened it, together with the audio described track in Audacity. My idea was, to use the original as a guide line, to match the described version with.

Now, my problem is, that, everytime, I select something in the described version, it also gets selected in the other track. Even though, the other track is definitely not selected.

My question is, is there a way, to lock one track, so the cursor works only on the one, that is selected?

Thanks in advance

Steven

The audacity4blind web site is at

Subscribe and unsubscribe information, message archives,
Audacity keyboard commands, and more...

To unsubscribe from audacity4blind, send an email to
audacity4blind-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subject line